Important information for OUR SIDEXSIDE event – PLEASE READ
To ensure you make the most of your time at SIDEXSIDE at Tobacco Dock on 2nd April 2016 here is all you need to know:
NEW CASHLESS PAYMENT SYSTEM:
• We’ll be using a new ‘oyster card’ style system for buying drinks, food, lockers, cigarettes & glittery faces, from Glownet.
• It’s really simple to use – grab a card from the top up desk and add credit to the card using cash OR debit / credit card.
• How it works – At the bar, staff will enter your order into their reader, show you the price, scan your card and your purchase is deducted from your total.
• Refunds – Deposits or unspent money can ONLY be claimed until 10.45pm at the event. No refunds will be issued after the event. You must be in the queue by 10.45pm to claim your refund. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards.
• Opening times – This is a daytime event from midday to 10.30pm.
• Last entry – 8.00pm.
• Venue address – Tobacco Dock, Pennington Street, London, E1W 2SF.
• Trains – Nearest stops are Shadwell & Wapping. Driving is discouraged. There is a licensed mini-cab rank IN the venue to get you home.
• When arriving / leaving – Please be quiet and respectful, this is a lovely residential area and we would like to be invited back again.
• Cash – Can be used for your locker deposit, mini cabs and in the VIP bar ONLY. Cash back is available at the info point.
• Maps & set times – These will be handed out for free on arrival.
• Admission policy – There is a strict ZERO tolerance drugs policy, full searches will be carried out before entry is granted, no refunds can be issued and we reserve the right to refuse admission.
• Cigarettes – Can be purchased at the event, but smoking is ONLY permitted within the fenced off areas.
• Certain areas will have limited capacity – please turn up early and be patient to guarantee you get to see the DJ you want.
• Food – Market Grill & White Men Can’t Jerk will be located in the chill out area.
• No chewing gum or pots of glitter (!) – This is to preserve the grade 1 listed flagstone floors.
• Merchandise – There will be some merchandise from LWE & Seth Troxler on sale at the event.
• Toilets on arrival & exit – In case you get caught short when on the way to or from our event, we have put 3 x toilets on the streets for our customers to use. 1 at each tube station and 1 by the bus stop not far from Tobacco Dock. Please respect residents and don’t wee in the streets!
• ID & scanning – All tickets will be checked and scanned on entry, please bring a valid form of ID. Everyone who enters the venue must be over 18. We operate a challenge 25 policy.
• Do I need to print my ticket? – It will speed up entry but it is not compulsory. Having it on your phone is OK too.
• Ticket buying – All tickets are now SOLD OUT! Resident Advisor’s resale service will be running until 9am on the day of the event. Buying tickets from anywhere else is not recommended. We can’t do anything about you buying fake tickets – steer clear of the scammers.
• Official ticket outlets – Ticket Tannoy, Resident Advisor, Skiddle, Songkick, Ticketweb, Dice, Ticket Arena & AXS.
• DO NOT buy from – Stubhub, Viagogo, Gumtree, Ebay or Event Brite (or similar 3rd party) these could be scams or duplicates, and we cannot guarantee that these are legitimate.
• Ticketing policy – Read more here.
Instead of a cloakroom we use our own lockers (now rented out to other events as they are so good)…
• On entry – There may be virtually no queue to put your stuff away.
• Key deposits – These are now £10 and can be paid in cash. At the previous price of £5, too many people were walking off with keys and it was costing us more than £5 to replace them.
• Sizes – Lockers are £5.00 for a small one (30cm x 30cm x 30cm) and £7.50 for a large one (45cm x 30cm x 30cm). You can fit around 3-4 normal sized jackets in a small one. Bargain!
• Valuables & phones – Because you can access your stuff whenever you like using your own key, it is advisable to lock your mobile phone and wallet away rather than carrying in your bag or pocket, unfortunately pick pockets are yet again targeting London clubbers ☹
• On exit – There will be no queue to get your stuff out of your locker but there may be a very quick queue to get a refund for your key deposit.
VIPS & GUESTS:
• Entry – There is a separate fast track queue for VIPs and guests. Those on the guestlist will be required to make a compulsory £5 donation to a charity on arrival (this time it will be St Mungos who are based in Tower Hamlets and a very worthy cause).
• Bars in the VIP – These will accept debit cards, credit cards, cash AND the cashless cards.
• Toilets & lockers – VIPs have their own which are near the VIP bar room.
• Seating – There is plenty of seating to chill out on in the VIP area.
Enjoy the event!