With the arrival of Pan-Pot’s first ever Second State showcase on the horizon, LWE spoke to one of electronic music’s most dynamic duos about the ethos behind their imprint. Adding to their momentum as DJs and producers, Second State is a sign that Pan-Pot are moving into a new chapter, and will see the already well-established pair having full creative control of this second phase. Aiming to embrace much more than just the music and killer DJ sets they are known for, the label will support the other influences that have built Pan-Pot
What are you guys looking forward to most about playing in London in March?
– Tassilo: Well we love London in general, its a great city and always has an amazing crowd.
– Thomas: The last Warehouse event we played was with Adam Beyer for Drumcode’s Halloween party and that was really fantastic! We are very excited to see what kind of place the guys at LWE transform into a club for us this time.
The night will mark the first Second State showcase in London, can you tell us about any forthcoming releases that are coming out on the label?
– Thomas: That is correct but we don’t just see Second State as a label, it is more of a platform for events, fashion, videos, interesting stories and everything creative that surrounds us. So of course records are one of the important factor but we don’t want to be limited to releases to express us.
– Tassilo: We have spent a lot of time in the studio so lots of music is finished. At this point I think our first release should be out in April, we picked two great tracks, which (of course) we will also already play at the Warehouse event.
What other cities will you be taking Second State parties to?
– Tassilo: In March we also have events in Berlin and Paris and then we plan the next ones for Barcelona, Amsterdam and Miami.
– Thomas: And I hope its going to be more & more!
Best memory of DJing in London?
– Thomas: We took “Hugo The Scull”, with us from the Drumcode party and had fun scaring the cab driver.
– Tassilo: We played at “The End” at one of the last parties their and people got really wild. Especially with two girls who got topless in front of us, all of a sudden we became really shy!
Pan-Pot will use Second State to guide their peers, fans and followers through their world. Much more than just a label, Second State is a second home that will allow Tassilo and Thomas to realize their creative ideas and connect with people who share a similar vision to their new state of mind and thinking. London being the lucky host for the first installment of many groundbreaking events from the Second State collective.
Pan-Pot have called in on Clint Stewart to play at the first installment of their Second State parties.
LWE presents PAN-POT Showcase
Sat 15th March : 10pm to 6am
Hackney Wick venue TBC
Support from Mark d’Ground