Fatboy Slim is looking for the next big talent to join us and is inviting you to enter a mix competition to win a DJ set at his next London show. The last time he ran a DJ competition the winner was Doorly, and this sparked a career for him.
Smile High Club at Tobacco Dock will not only showcase the leading names in electronic music, but it will open up an opportunity for an up coming talent to play alongside them… and with that a stepping stone into a new world.
This could be your break!
London’s Tobacco Dock on Saturday 2nd January. Designed to offer an all-encompassing party experience that pushes the parameters of lunacy and spread ‘Random Acts of Smileyness’, the-one-of-a-kind day party will feature the below acts…
2manydjs (DJ set)
+ more TBA
Teaming up with Mixcloud, Native Instruments & Point Blank there is much more to win than just a DJ set.
-The winner will win a DJ set at Fatboy Slim’s Smile High Club at Tobacco Dock on 2nd January 2015.
-Native Instruments will give the winner a Traktor Kontrol S5, all-in-one DJ controller.
-On top of that Point Blank will be providing an 8-week online production course (worth £695) as part of the competition prizes.
-1 night in a Hotel in London & a travel contribution of up to £100 will be made for the winner.
-Plus plenty of other goodies from Smile High Club & LWE, including tickets and merch.
How to enter
• Mixes should be somewhere between 30 mins to 2 hours long, and should be uploaded to Mixcloud.
• Title the mix: “Smile High Club DJ competition – (And then insert your DJ name here)” PLEASE PUT YOUR DJ NAME IN THE BRACKETS!
• Tag the mix: “Smile High Club DJ Competition” If you fail to tag the mix correctly, your entry may be missed. It’s worth also tagging the genre/genres of music the mix contains, you can add up to 5 tags in total.
• Add tracklist.
• Use the art provided here. If you fail to use this cover art, your entry may be missed. Add this art as the photo for your mix.
• Download this cover photo (provided here) and set it as your facebook timeline photo. Click “Edit description” and insert the link to your mix here. Leave this as your cover photo until the competition winner is announced.
• Also invite all of your friends to the facebook event here.
• Email us. Subject saying “I’ve entered the LWE Mixed comp.”
Please send a screenshot of the cover photo up on your profile by emailing intern@Londonwarehouseevents.co.uk with a link to your mix and your facebook profile.
Deadline for entries is 12th December 2015
Territories. UK & Europe.
Please note: 1 night in a Hotel in London & a travel contribution of up to £100 will be made for the winner.
• Entrants will be judged on a number of factors, (but not limited to) including number of plays, favourites, track selection, quality, technical ability and originality.
• We will listen to all mixes that register at least 50 plays, so please make sure you share it with your friends to reach this number
• Final decision will be made by Fatboy Slim & LWE.
• Your mix should be relevant to the Smile High Club target audience which is rooted in quality electronic music. House, Garage, bass, techno and disco influences are more than welcome. Please do your research on the artists playing to see if this mix competition is right for the sounds you play.
• You must be a competent DJ and be able to DJ in a club environment.
• Please note that we are looking for a DJ that understands the skill of a warm up set, setting the tone for the headliners, and not someone that’s going to play party bangers from the offset, as the winner will be the first DJ on.
• You must be able to play using 2 x CDJ 2000s or 2x technic 1210’s and a Allen Heath or Pioneer mixer. No midi controllers will be accepted. The use of Traktor and Serato is fine. Premashed/ Prerecorded set lists are a no!
• Above all it must have plenty of ‘Random Acts of Smileyness’, and bursts of colour that a Smile High Club DJ needs.